Many of us think of January as the time to start afresh or to renew ourselves and our lives. As our homes are where we spend a good portion of our daily lives, a remodel can play a big part in that feeling of renewal and refreshment. Here are three key items to help you get started as you think about your 2023 remodeling needs.
- There’s no time like the present to get started. We’ve talked before about the long lead times related to the supply chain for home renovation products. The good news is that we’ve seen some positive trends in the last couple of months. Lead times on cabinetry are better than they were this time last year. We’re also seeing a reduction in fulfillment dates on some appliances; however, this is still hit or miss. Some product lines are more readily attainable than others.
- Now is the time to think about the outdoors. Have you been thinking about redoing your back deck, patio, front porch, or one of your walkways? Start the process now. If you wait until the spring or summer when the weather is nice enough to enjoy these spaces, you’ll be looking at mid or late fall before they’re useable again.
- Think about upcoming changes in your household. Nothing in life is static and that’s also true about shifts and changes in home life. Are your children grown and planning to move out this year to start the next adventure in their lives? Or maybe you’re expecting an addition to your household? Perhaps your in-laws or parents are planning on moving in and you’re thinking through how to best prepare for their arrival. A change in the members of your household can be stressful and challenging – we get it – we’ve been there ourselves and helped numerous clients think through all of the associated nuances.
In conclusion, there are three key takeaways:
- Proper planning prevents poor performance. Everything in the home remodeling business has lead times that need to be considered. From planning, to ordering materials, to getting construction work scheduled – everything needs to be planned in advance. And these lead times can change month-to-month and are often dependent on the product lines you choose. That’s why it’s never too early to pick up the phone and book an appointment with a home remodeling firm that you trust.
- You don’t need to have the entire roadmap planned out before you get started. You’re busy, and chances are that you’re not a home remodeling professional by trade. Don’t worry about ironing out all the details before you pull the trigger. That’s where professionals like our team here at House to Home Solutions can help. All we need from you is an idea of where you’d like to start to get the ball rolling. You can then trust in us to plan out your project and discuss all of the options with you as a trusted partner and advisor.
- Updates and predictions for 2023 are just around the corner. January is the time that showcases new product lines and serves as the predictor for the availability of household goods for the year. At the end of January, we’ll be attending the Kitchen Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas – the largest annual expo in our industry. In next month’s blog we’ll be able to share more about new offerings and our best predictions for lead times for 2023.
Want to learn more about House to Home Solutions and see examples of our work? Check out our website or give us a call at 301-762-6621.